UK Young Autism Project provides three types of service which incorporate fully comprehensive home or school based ABA programmes:
• Our first service is for pre-school children of 0 to rising 5. Children transition from this service at the beginning of the school term in which they will reach 5 years old.
• The second service is for primary school aged children of rising 5 years to rising 12. Children transition from this service at the beginning of the school year in which they will turn 12.
• The third service is for secondary school aged children of rising 12 to 19 years. Young adults transition from this service at the end of the school year in which they turn 19.
In addition, UK Young Autism Project provides consultation services for young adults with autism or related disorders.
Centre Based Services
This service is our core provision and a centre of excellence. It is a fully staffed home-based ABA programme provided to children who live within a manageable travelling distance from our London and Birmingham offices. UK Young Autism Project provides a team of tutors along with a senior tutor and consultant. Centre based places are limited; however we do provide workshop based services when our centre based programmes are at capacity, and also to those who live further away.
Workshop Based Services
Workshops are designed to help families set up ABA programmes of their own, based on the UCLA model of ABA. A consultant will be assigned to your child’s case and he or she will travel to your home and, during a three day workshop, teach you how to begin your child's treatment. This will include learning ABA theory, instructions about the teaching procedures, what to teach, when to teach, how to keep records, how to supervise your staff, and how to analyse problems in your child's learning. The majority of the time will be spent working directly with your child. After completion of the workshop, the consultant will be available for phone consultations and regular follow-up visits to help insure your child's continued progress.
Specific Behaviour Change Services
For children at home or school, behavioural consultation services are also provided for the following purposes:
- Eating and drinking difficulties
- Toilet training
- Behavioural difficulties
- Attentional and/or motivational difficulties
- Social skills
- Academic skills
UK Young Autism Project can provide standardised assessments which provide an objective outline of developmental progress. This may be suitable for parents who have concerns about areas of their child's development.
Other Services Provided by UK Behaviour Analysis and Research Group
Consultation services are available for children and adults, with or without developmental difficulties, who are experiencing problems in one or more of the following areas:
- Individual or group behaviour management
- Classroom management
- Eating and drinking skills
- Toilet training skills
- Attentional and/or motivational skills
- Social skills
- Academic skills
Apply for Our Services
If you would like to apply for our services, please download the new service application form:
Download our New Service Application Form
For further information download our information pack, or email us via the contact page or call 020 3369 9630.
Download our Information Pack